Announcing Canada 2020′s new Advisory Board
February 21, 2014
February 21st 2014 (Ottawa) – Canada 2020 is pleased to announce its brand new Advisory Board.
Chaired by Don Newman, the new group will assist Canada 2020 in its pursuit of opening dialogue on strategic, progressive federal policy in Canada.
The new Canada 2020 Advisory Board is:
- Don Newman, Chairman
- Robert Asselin, University of Ottawa
- John Brodhead, Evergreen Cityworks
- Matt Browne, Center for American Progress
- Mark Cameron, Hill+Knowlton Strategies
- Ailish Campbell, Canadian Council of Chief Executives
- Diana Carney, London
- Kenneth Courtis, Themes Investment Management
- Kim Furlong, Amgen Canada
- Ian Mallory, Pickworth Investments
- David McLaughlin, University Waterloo
- Anne McLellan, Bennett Jones LLP
- Howie Millard, TD Bank Group
- Peter Nicholson, Canadian Council of the Academies
- Emilie Potvin, Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Michael Sangster, TELUS
- Mark Stabile, University of Toronto
About Canada 2020:
Canada 2020 is a leading, independent, progressive think-tank.
Canada 2020′s objective is to inform and influence debate, to identify progressive policy solutions and to help redefine federal government for a modern Canada.
We do this by convening leading authorities from Canada and abroad, generating original policy thinking, and prioritizing effective communication.
Our orientation is:
- Progressive and non-partisan.
- Long-term, with an emphasis on key structural issues facing Canada.
- Collaborative and outward focused.
- Activist: we aim to influence the policy agenda.