This Canada 2020/CEA symposium focussed on the urgency of making multi-billion-dollar investments to upgrade, renew and expand Canada’s electricity infrastructure.
The symposium and the moderated discussion tackled such hard hitting questions as:
- Who will pay for the $15 billion annual electricity infrastructure deficit and how will it be financed?
- What are the economic implications of these kinds of investments?
- How do we want to leverage these electricity infrastructure investments to support economic growth?
- How will governments work together to make these investments a reality?
- How do you square the major investments required with the need to keep electricity prices affordable?
Here are background reading documents you may wish to download:
- Conference Board of Canada report: Canada’s Electricity Infrastructure: Building a Case for Investment
- CEA discussion paper: How will we Power Canada’s Future: Our Electricity System in Transition (pdf)
- CEA decision-makers’ guide: Building Tomorrow’s Electricity System: Electricity Fundamentals for Decision-Makers (pdf)
Watch the event on CPAC’s Video on Demand.
Listen to the event here.
View the presentation on the Price of Electricity in Canada versus other goods.