Income inequality has been a creeping problem in Canada and other advanced economies for many years now. Yet income polarization has not, up until now, been a big issue on the federal agenda.
It is time for the federal government to analyze and consider the longer term effects of income polarization, and to consider strategic policy reforms to head off a looming problem.
This event took place in Ottawa on Thursday, January 19, 2012.
Visit our home page for this area.
- Read the related book section (pdf)
- Read the event summary
- Download the presentation slides (pdf)
- Watch the OECD video (video link)
- Read the OECD report, Divided We Stand
- Replay the Ottawa Citizen panel on inequality