After a landmark season of events, research, engagement and ideas, Canada 2020 is celebrating its seventh year as an organization.
From our inaugural policy conference at Mont Tremblant in 2006 to our 2013 continuation of our signature speaker series, The Canada We Want in 2020, we have become a thriving part of the national policy conversation.
We are currently planning our fall and winter calendar, where you can look forward to more big name speakers, more leading-edge research and more of the thriving, forward-looking policy thinking you have come to expect from Canada 2020.
Check back soon for the publishing of Canada 2020′s Annual Report for 2012-2013.
Over the past seven years, Canada 2020 has grown to become a leading hub for progressive voices to meet, discuss and build a better future for Canada.
We have built a reputation for tackling the big problems, and offering bold, progressive solutions. Highlights from 2012-2013 include:
- Hosting Dr. Lawrence H. Summers following the most recent U.S. election;
- Continuing our marquee speaker series, The Canada We Want in 2020, by bringing leading names from government, business and the space between to Canada, including: The Hon. Jean Charest, the Hon. Kathleen Wynne, Mark Carney, Zanny Minton Beddoes, Bob Inglis, Melanie Aitken, Melody Barnes and more; and
- Establishing a respected research hub, publishing regular and timely papers, briefs and other policy outputs.
There are a number of different ways to revisit the work we have done over the past seven years:
- For photos, please tour our Flickr library where we have collected over 3000 pictures from our various panels, events and conferences.
- For video, please visit our Vimeo channel to rewatch our speakers series, panels and other events that we have hosted over the years.